The Green County Historical Society Museum is housed in the former Universalist Church that was built in 1861. The building was used to store wheat and wool during the Civil War. The musuem is open June 6 through September 6, 2009 on Saturdays and Sundays from 1 – 4 pm. The Museum includes an archive with letters, papers, and newspaper articles of historical interest about Green County including obituaries, antique books, and pictures of our ancestors and items used in their daily lives. There is also the original Bethel one-room schoolhouse on the Museum grounds.